CSCS Health, Safety & Environment Test
The CITB ConstructionSkills Health, safety & environment test helps to raise the standards across the industry. It ensures that workers have a minimum level of health , safety & environmental awareness before going on site.
Who should attend?
Anyone working on a building / construction site.
Upon successfully passing the HS&E Test delegates can apply for the CSCS card relevant to their occupation, this provides proof that individuals working on those sites have the required training and qualifications for the type of work they carry out.
Assessment of Training
All candidates have 45 minutes to complete each test which comprises 50 multiple choice questions
There are various CSCS cards available, for more information on the types of cards and qualifications required please go to: https://www.cscs.uk.com/applying-for-cards
Tests can be conducted Monday – Friday at our head office, please contact us for more information.
- CPCS-RT: CPCS renewal test
- MAP: Health, safety and environment test for managers and professionals
- OPERATIVES: Health, safety and environment test for operatives
- SPEC – DEM: Health, safety and environment specialist demolition test
- SPEC – DUCT: Health, safety and environment specialist HVACR test (ductwork)
- SPEC – HAPS: Health, safety and environment specialist (heating and plumbing) test
- SPEC – HIW: Health, safety and environment specialist (highway works) test
- SPEC – LAEE: Health, safety and environment specialist (lifts & escalators) test
- SPEC – PFW: Health, safety and environment specialist HVACR test (pipefitting & welding)
- SPEC – PLUM: Health, safety and environment specialist plumbing (JIB) test
- SPEC – RAAC: Health, safety and environment specialist HVACR test (refrigeration & air conditioning)
- SPEC – SAF: Health, safety and environment specialist HVACR test (services & facilities)
- SPEC – SUP: Health, safety and environment specialist supervisors test
- SPEC – TUNN: Health, safety and environment specialist test (tunnelling)
- SPEC – WAH: Health, safety and environment specialist test (working at height)
If you require a voiceover for your test, you can choose from one of the following languages, please be advised this option is only available for the Operatives HS&E test.
- British Sign Language
Applying for a card
To apply for a CSCS card, you may need to have a prior qualification, and provide evidence of this to CSCS when making your application. To find out more, use the CSCS card finder;
Green Labourer Card
We offer the CITB Health & Safety Awareness one day course, this is an official route to gain your CSCS Green Labourer Card. Delegates need to pass both the Heath & Safety Awareness course, and the relevant CSCS test to be able to apply. To find out more on the Health & Safety Awareness course, click here
There are other courses that we offer that are also routes to the Green CSCS Labourer Card, including;
Please contact us to find out more.
CSCS Card Checker
You can use the CSCS Card Checker to check if you, or someone has a valid CSCS card, along with relevant Health & Safety Qualifications. To access the Card Checker, click here
ECS / JIB / SkillCard
There are other organisations that are affiliated with CSCS and the CSCS card scheme, although we do not offer Initial training on these courses, we do offer Health & Safety exemptions that you can use to apply for your card, or the relevant CSCS test that you may need to sit prior to applying for your ECS / JIB / SkillCard.
To find our more, click on the relevant link;
We deliver the CSCS Test at our Head Office in Barry.
Problem downloading? to fix download, Right click left link and choose “Save As”
How to Book
To book a CSCS test you must complete this registration form below prior to sitting the test.