IPAF - MEWP (Mobile Elevated Work Platform)
IPAF – MEWP (Mobile Elevated Work Platform)
IPAF (International Powered Access Federation) promotes the safe and effective use of powered access worldwide. Set up in 1983, IPAF is a not-for-profit members’ organisation that represents the interests of manufacturers, distributors, users, rental & training companies. It serves as a forum for all active in the world of powered access. IPAF has played a key role in promoting many of the design, safety & testing procedures that are now established in the powered access industry.
BTS can offer IPAF Training on the following Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWP) Categories:
- 1B (Static Boom)
- 3A (Scissor Lift / Mobile Vertical)
- 3B (Cherry Picker / Mobile Boom)
- H (Harness use & Inspection)
- PAV (Push Around Vehicle)
- LOAD (Loading & Unloading)
- MEWP for Managers (e-learning)
Duration: 1 – 3 days dependent on machine type(s).
To instruct an operator to prepare and safely operate various types of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs) and to obtain an IPAF MEWP PAL card.
At the end of the course the operator will:
- Be aware of the relevant Health and Safety regulations.
- Be aware of accident prevention and control.
- Be aware of the needs regarding personnel protection.
- Be aware of the need to refer to the machine’s Operating Manual.
- Drive the MEWP safely and manoeuvre the machine as required, to correctly position and carry out the required tasks in a correct and proper manner.
Open 3A &3B courses are run up to 5 times a week from our Head Office, due to the large turn around, dates for these courses do not always appear on our website, please contact us to check for availability if you do not see a date you require listed below:
We deliver this course at our head office in Barry. We are also able to deliver the training at customers’ sites if preferred.
How to Book
If you would like to book a place on one of the above courses and you meet the required criteria you can Contact Us through the number at the top of the page, or fill in the enquiry form below (please state the course you require in the message).